Monday, August 23, 2004

Today is quite a day, I must say. This entry is dedicated to a friend, let's just call her H. If you read it, you should know I'm referring to you. What I'm saying is not new, in fact, it's old, stale, rotting news. A friend of 4 years, 5, coming Jan. And I don't believe we're losing you to your boyfriend. Someone who has only known you for only 1 year plus. Ok, let's just be nice and say 2 years. Also, comparing it to your mum, who has worked her ass off to bring you up for the last 20 years. All these. And we can't compare to someone who's known you for 2 years. Who treats with so little trust, so little understanding, so little humility. I don't understand it. Enlighten me, will you? What does he have on you that makes you a complete, dare I say it, slave, to him? You are at his beck and call and his every instruction (decree, I should say). Do not be mistaken that we're interfering with your life, or even are jealous with your "so very blissful life and relationship" with your boyfriend. In fact, no one is happier than me that you got yourself a boyfriend. Ok, maybe your mum is happier, but that's out of the point. Can't you see? He's the one who's interfering with your life. He controls your every movement, what rubbish about not being allowed to take photos with guys, what nonsense about not spending more than $10 on a friend's present, what freaking bullshit about reaching home at 10pm everyday?? I tell you, it's complete bullshit. Dog shit, cat shit, bird shit. Let me tell you, the only people who can control you like that, are your parents, girl. The very people who worked their asses off to raise you. Not your freaking boyfriend. No matter how much you say "it's because he's concerned about me", it doesn't hide the fact that he is, very much so, controlling every aspect of your life. You are a human being, not an object, an asset, something that he can put a claim to. Your blindness to his bullshit is what's causing us to turn our backs on you. And how can you even make such a shallow statement, that we hate him because he looks like an ah-beng? I'm insulted. 4 years of friendship and this is the only reason you can think of? Didn't the thought that maybe "my friends are concerned about me", "maybe they are right" ever crossed your mind when you replied me? I've thought better of you. Where's that strong, opinionated girl I know? You're no longer the same person I know. Let me tell you this, treat your friends like spare tyres, and regret it. One day, I'm just saying, if you ever break up with your boyfriend, or need someone to stand by you, don't be surprised if you turn around and see no one. It's because we've all grown tired of trying to talk sense in you and have all walked away from you. I hope that day will never come, because I'm afraid I can't be a loyal friend to you and stand by you. Why for, when my opinions and views ain't worth no two cents beside your boyfriend's. People outside of the picture can see the picture more clearly than you think. From what we've gathered, we think your boyfriend's a complete male chauvinistic pig (sorry to other guys reading this entry), whose ego is bigger than the moon, a freaking control freak and someone who ain't worth losing us. If you think we're just a worthless bunch of people you call friends, and you just don't give two balls about us, and you think you're boyfriend's more important than us, people who've known you for 4 years, then I've only 3 words to say to you. So be it. This will be the last time I want to talk abt this. It's far too draining. I shouldn't be racking my brains over an issue like this. I'm just saving some friendships for you. Think about it.

No comments: