Tuesday, August 17, 2004

*chant* Susilo! Susilo! Susilo! *chant* Today is match day. Susilo�s next match at the Olympics. Singapore�s hope of getting a medal lies heavy on him. One step closer to the medal? I certainly hope so. Caught the match the previous night. My my, what a match. He fought hard man! So proud of him. Although he ain�t Singaporean by birth, he�s representing Singapore now! Hee hee. It�ll be Majulah Singapura playing during the medal presentation. Woohooo! Ok, I�m thinking too much. How not to? It�s Singapore�s only medal-hope since 40 years ago when Tan Howe Liang got the Silver medal for Weightlifting. Sigh. And since we�re not as TALL, our limbs are not as LONG and our lungs are not STRONG enough, we have no chance of even making it into the Swimming finals. But to even qualify for the Olympics is good enough. So we just have to continue training HARD and hopefully, one day, eventually, we�ll reach the swimming finals and probably smell Medals. =) It�s tough being an athlete in Singapore, ain�t it? We don�t have FULL-TIME athletes, only PART-TIME athletes. It�s just hard lar. Instead of being able to train full-time, the athletes have to juggle with studies and work and worry about paying bills, loan dues and basically just about everything else. So how to do well? Maybe we just don�t think Sports as a full-time career. It�s treated as part-time. Something you do when you�re free, or as a hobby, or an interest. But rarely as a full-time career. I mean, where will it get you in Singapore? You can�t pay bills by playing table-tennis, you can�t get distinctions in your �O� levels by swimming and you certainly don�t get paid for training. Athletes in Singapore just don�t get perks like the athletes in other countries. Maybe that�s why the last time we got a medal was 40years ago. Sigh. Hopefully, with the Sports School up and running, we will have more athletes and up our chances of getting medals at Olympics and other major sports meets. One can only hope, and I shall! =P So. This is the 3rd time I�m typing this entry. Blogger screwed up last night. Kept signing me out and deleting my entries. *Neh neh * Got so pissed off last night I just went to sleep after watching Thorpe vs Hoogie vs Phelps in their 200m Freestyle. Exciting, but predictable. Of course Thorpe won! And of course Phelps got Bronze. Sorry Terry, Phelps need to train harder before he can beat the mighty Thorpe! Or even Dutchman Hoogie, for that matter. Hur. It�s safer to type in MS Word. Before Blogger eats up my 4th entry! Haha. So smart of me right. I also had to re-post the Graduation photos. And there are some repeats. Which means Blogger is screwed. Haha. Cold in the office. *Brr�! * Paid my fees yesterday! A whopping $6800+. SHO BLODY EXPENSIVE. That piece of paper better be worth it. I�m going to Toa Payoh very often coming Aug 28. Heh. And there�s Orientation on the 25th. Right smack on Zhenting�s birthday. Haha.. And then there�re sooooooo many shops at Toa Payoh! Oh my! Sakae Sushi, Long John Silver�s, MOS burger, Macdonald�s, a gigantic COURTS, Crystal Jade, NTUC, Watson�s, push carts! Wahahaha, so fun! I think I�m gonna have fun shopping before class. But not after class because I end at 10pm! Hahaha. Ooh, got cinema just beside the campus too! Wonderful eh? *Growl * Hungry. I deleted �IT� leh. Hee hee. Am so proud of myself. I wanted to, anyway. And I doubt anyone will notice. Hee hee. It�s just no point, lar. I thought I was wrong. But I was right. You are just like the rest of them. Wrong. Forget it. Some things need to be fought for. Some things just come to you when you least expect it. So I�ll not expect it. Listen up! I�m not expecting anything! So, will YOU come to me now?

No comments: