Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Got lost

Good day people! I have BIG news. My dad, finally allowed me to drive out alone! Haha! Wonderful ain't it? Was supposed to meet the 1B17 gang today for Kenny's farewell as well as a mini-gathering. I guess my "nagging" and "persuasion" finally got into my dad's ears. Hahaha! And I suppose he realised that sooner or later, he'd have to let me drive on my own. Might as well now. Muahahahaha. We watched Jacky Jackie Chan's new show. "New Police Story" or something. Haha. It's hilarious! Worth $7.50 alright, people. Watch it when you need a good laugh, 'cos I sure had a mighty good laugh!! Except the part where Mira spilt half a bucket of popcorn on me. -_-!!! But still. It was a GREAT show. Lotsa funny parts, lotsa touching parts, lotsa "drool-worthy" guys, i.e. Daniel Wu (Baddie), Lian Kai (Cop who died in the first 15mins), Nicholas Tse (Funny guy) and there was Wu Bai and Wang Jie. Yes. THAT Wang Jie who sang Ni Shi Wo Xiong Kou Yong Yuan De Tong. Most of the cops who died in that first 15mins were "drool-worthy" too. Ooh. I forgot the main point of this entry. I got lost! I was supposed to go town! But I got out of the wrong exit, and I ended up at Thomson, where I made a wrong turn and ended up at Novena Square and United Square, where I made YET another WRONG turn and I ended up at Farrer Park (!!??!), where I had to "U" turn and get back to Newton Circus, where I made another wrong turn, and ended up at KK Hospital where I finally found the sign that read "Newton Circus". BUT! I made a wrong turn and ended up at Newton Circus Food Centre carpark, where I had to "U" turn to finally get back to Stevens Road. Where I was supposed to be, 15 mins earlier. Gah. Moral of the story. One wrong turn leads to another. o_O!!! But anyways, I managed to remain calm. And eventually, I found the way to Town. Ha. I started out at 7:35pm anyways, I reached town at 8:30pm. Hahahahaha! Could've taken the MRT and reached there at the same time. Lesson learnt anyways. At least now I know the way to town! After the show, when we went to the carpark to get our cars, I couldn't find the car! Kenny brought us walking in circles trying to find my car which I parked at the 5th level at Shaw Towers. Shaw Towers (or is it Plaza? Complex?) has this COMPLICATED level system where the Isetan part of the building and the actual building shares 2 levels to 1 lift level. So I had to take the lift to 4th floor. Or something. Which is actually the 5th floor of the building. Something like that. Talk about freaking out. Getting lost is one thing. Losing your car is another thing! Gah. What would dad say! Sheesh. Anyhows, managed to retrieve the car. I took Kenny ("driving instructor"), Jesse ("terrified girl") and Mira ("the calm one"). Kenny had the "Driving Instructor Syndrome" where he had an "imaginary brake pedal" and the tendency to say "clear". As in "clear" for changing lanes and reversing and stuff. Heh. It's weird. It's like having Dad in the passenger seat again! Wahahaha. Kidding. I understand his "kind" intentions. I couldn't parallel park again. Damn. We went to Simpang (again!? I know.) and there was a parallel parking slot. It's those "one-car" space. With motorcycles infront and behind of it. Anyways, I couldn't get the car to straighten and I kept striking the damned kerb. So Kenny took over. Hahahaha. Ok, he's the "parallel parking guru". But he can't differentiate "left" and "right". Ok, it was a great day after all. And I'm tired. And I missed the first episode of "America's Next Top Model". Darn. I'm outta here.

No comments: