Monday, September 12, 2005

The REAL Birthday Post

After weeks of planning and preparing, the day finally came. And went. The party was fabulous! Of course, all to your credit!! I mean, all those who turned up and made this "turning-21" even more special and memorable than it already is. I just want to thank you all again, for taking time out of your busy schedules and for your gifts, but most importantly, your presence. I really really really really appreciate it and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. *tear* Didn't take a lot of photos in the afternoon part, when Shuan, Michelle, Zhenting, Karen, Shuling and Lionel were at my house preparing for the party. Damn. I wish I did! But the camera was charging. Sian. But we had fun making Konnyaku jelly, cutting up strawberries and peaches, it's my first attempt making jelly! Wheeee! It looked as if it were going to rain, when Michelle and I were tying balloons (Kok himself said it was a "fu*king smart" idea. Yes I know, thank you very much.) to the lamp posts and the bus stop. Hope that made it easier for you guys to find the place. Hee. And while I was out, Karen, Zhenting, Shuling and Lionel were in my study, doing something secretive. Hmmm. And I was locked out of my own room!!! What the. Qookie and Henry arrived when I was bathing! Kept asking me to hurry up. Argh. My hair was still wrapped in the towel and I was halfway changing! The early birds. Lol. Qookie, Henry, Mich and Shuan. Although not as early as Karen, Shuling, Zhenting and Lionel. And then all the people started trailing in. One of the first few guests to arrive was Eugene (who had to leave early, so no photos of him), Poh and Karen (both clad in pink!). Actually, Kevin, the guy in brown (hugging the guy in pink, first pic of second row) was wearing a flower brooch! But urgh! Forgot to take photo with the brooch! And the ang-moh is actually ChienLing's (girl in white tank beside the guy in pink, same pic) friend, who's an exchange student from the States. His name is Brian or something like that, if I remember correctly. Gao (guy in first pic, first row) is really excited about wearing pink. I think this group probably is the group with the most number of people wearing pink or flowers. Hahahahahahaha. Then the Primary school classmates arrived too! My oldest friends. In terms of number of years known, William (guy in blue batik shirt) is my oldest friend! I knew him since Primary One! It's amazing! Must special mention, Mr Philip Chiu (guy in first 2 pictures in the second row) rushed all the way down from his home in Bukit Panjang (super far away) to attend my party! I'm so touched la! Rushed down in a cab, I heard. Dear me, must have cost him a bomb. And he's so sweet! He gave me a flower 'cos he said he didn't have pink clothes or anything with flowers! Everybody! "Awwwww..." I love this gang of people, because I've known them for a super long time, at least 10 years. And we literally watched each other grow! Although Kenny (guy in brown tee) says I'm still the same girl I was 10 years ago (except taller and longer hair) when he first knew me. Is that good or bad? Hmmm. But anyhows! I'm so proud of us! Because we still manage to keep in touch even after so long and have annual gatherings! Wowee! It's the thought that counts, I tell you. The BSC collage is the largest, with the most number of photos (actually got a lot more), I think no other group likes to take photos as much as we do! Yay, I love you guys! Seriously, seriously, seriously love you guys. Just seeing you people brightens up my day. One of my favourite food commie/shopping kaki/bridge partner, Chong-ah! My kuku sister/food commie/carry nasi lemak kaki, Rachel Lum! My photo-crazy sista, Nad! "Kong Zhi Tian Xia" kaki, Shen. Zoo kaki, Ariel! Lobang King, Lester! Mr President, Elliot. My "Ah-Pa", Kok! Lame but make a lot of sense person, Colin! My fellow committee member/classmate/colleague/food commie, Jenny! You guys made my term in BSC and Food Comm extra extra memorable! Sigh! I wish I could turn back time! I just hope we will continue to stay in touch! We must! Check out the number of people decked in PINK! Omg, I love all these people. Nothing other than pure love for me as a friend, would have made these guys wear pink or flowers. You know I'd do the same for you! *Grin* I love pink! Oh yeah, must mention! Poh went shopping for a pink shirt just so that he could wear it to my party! Hahahahaha, I think he looks quite good in pink! Everybody looks good in pink! My wonderful relatives! I love my aunties! And my little cousins! Wheeee! Cake cutting "ceremony" I love my banner and my name in gold! Credit goes to Karen, Shuling and Zhenting for cutting the letters out so nicely for me! The cake's great too! Got pink! I like! Dearest Mummy and Daddy, it's all thanks to them that I even have a party! Mummy paid for the catering and the spanking new digicam, Daddy paid for the roses and the cake and they did more planning than me! Have I already mentioned how much I love my parents? I think I did. But I can say it once again! I love Mummy and Daddy! The inevitable "cake-smash-face". Argh. The "every 21 year-old must go through" part of the party. I had to get the lollipop out of the cake (it's impossible!) and of course, get pushed into the cake, specially selected part with the most cream. Dammit. Why didn't I stick to pandan cake! Argh. I had blue lips and blue tongue after that. Pooi. But ok, I understand, it's my "retribution". I smashed too many cakes in too many people's faces. Urgh. Karma, baby. Karma!! Favourite girls! The gang! First pic, Karen, Zhenting, Me and Shuling! My bestest girlfriends! Thanks for coming so early to help! I really appreciate the effort! Really really do!!!! Then there's Shuan and Cheelin! All my favourite girls! Love them all! *muack!* 1B17 rocks my socks. This group, undeniably smaller, without Cindy (working at the Singapore Open @ Sentosa), Charles (in Thailand) and Weijun (involved in the Half-Marathon thing), has been with me, since my first day in Temasek Polytechnic. Totally, totally love them to bits. From year 1s, we stuck together as a group, even until now, we've graduated and gone on seperate paths, we still actually keep in touch with each other! I really, really hope that we will continue staying in touch and going out for prata, mahjong and chalets! Mark, Lilian, Melvin, Jinx and Mathew I can't remember what I was doing but then I noticed from the corner of my eye this group of people standing by the gate, looking very menancing. So I turned and I saw! Melvin! Mark! Lilian! Jinx! And someone unknown! Melvin, you kuku, you made me so sad when you said you were going to Malaysia for work and you couldn't come for the party! Then you suddenly turn up like that! But ok, I got a pleasant surprise, and I feel bad because I was quite angry with you the other time when you said you couldn't come. Hmmmph. But yay! You came in the end! And you brought the people I wanted to invite anyway! Many thanks for the Birkies and the Borders card! *Hug* My second surprise! I knew something was wrong when all the 1B17 people disappeared from the party. Then I was asked to go upstairs and wait outside the study room. My study room, no less! Hmmmph. I knew something was wrong when I went in and everyone was positioned nicely, with cameras on standby. But little did I know, this pink booklet would make me cry! With every page I flipped, I saw the hardwork and effort put in by Zhenting, Karen and Shuling. I saw the photos and I was reminded of how I met these girls, our first rollerblading outing, our first holiday in Genting and our first KTv session. How we've progressed from acquaintances to sisters. The last sentence sent me to tears. "We never know what will happen in the future.. But one thing for sure.. Friends forever." Oh god. I started tearing and everyone had a shock! And I was thinking to myself, "I must have done something really good in my past life to have friends like them!" But it's true. No matter what happens, we'll be friends forever. Alright. Now for the random photos! Tattoos! I originally bought this tattoo set for people who didn't turn up in pink or in flowers. But I was too busy with the people that I didn't have time to do it! So you see here, Karen and gang entertaining themselves with it. The black flower tattoo is mine! Looks super cool leh! I like. And I challenged Kenny Chan Mali Chan to a game of "five-ten". He says he's the king of "five-ten". But I managed to win him anyways! Once at least. Lester's new found friend, Jie Ming. Lol. And Nad's, Jenny's, Ariel's and Chong's stash of polaroid. All with me inside of course! *grin* Polaroid frenzy Many thanks to Lester who managed to borrow the polaroid camera that brought so much more to the party! Yay! I love all the polaroids! And the little black book that some of you might have seen, it's filled with well-wishes from all of you! Except for this "I Hate Pink" page, written by a certain someone... I know who you are... Lol. And lastly, the presents! Many red-packets from my aunties and uncles. Bikini from Joyce who couldn't come because of a bad fall, cherry necklace on bear from Rach L, various vouchers (I have one from Jurong Point! Thanks Qookie and Henry. *glares*). 4 bottles of perfume (Givenchy, Gucci, Paris Hilton, Kenzo). I think they are trying to hint that I'm very smelly. Clothes and Gold Hobo from 1B17! I still have $140 with Zhenting! Yay! Can go shopping soon! The trinket box from Precious Moments, from Polly (in China!) and Suet! And a cute little box from Happy House with a pair of earrings inside! Cool man! And I love the flowers! They look so pretty! *beams* The gold letters are now stuck to the wall in my room! Shall get a frame to frame it up. And the booooooo-ti-ful roses that Daddy bought. And the very pretty and fragrant flowers from Jenny and Irene! Yay, Sel's a happy girl. I feel very lucky and loved. I have nothing to say but Thank Yous and I love you all very much! I'm glad I have you all as my friends. As for those who didn't turn up, all I can say is you missed out on the fun! To a certain group of people, you people can just kiss my perky, un-tanned ass. Your absurd excuses just make me feel sorry. If there's one thing I cannot tolerate, it's people like you. Abso-fuc*ing-lutely. Don't worry, not talking about you, Ouyang, Cassandra, Gerie, I know you guys really couldn't come. No worries. I still love you guys. *beam* Ah wells. I just had to get it out of my system. Yay! I'm so happy! And I must go shopping soon! Wheeee! I love you all! *MUACK!*

2 comments:

lychee jelly said...

i'm glad you enjoyed your party girl~ but you should have bigger photos... i old liao.. cannot see properly... =P

selena said...

hahaha, jus click on the photos! then will see the bigger size photos! *grin*