Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I have become one of those people.. I turned down a job offer. Again! I keep kicking myself in the leg, don't I? Bah. But you can't really blame me. The job pays $6/hr and I have to start work at 8am! And at some ulu pandan place in Kallang. To do admin stuff. Yes, I know it's those kind of braindead jobs, but you must know I have to use my brain for other stuff. I quite like the company actually, but the pay is really too low and it starts too early. And being a temp staff, you CANNOT be late. I've experienced it myself. I'm just not quite ready to give up surfing online until the wee hours or going out and playing until like 12am or 1am. And I think actually the company offered a higher pay, but R******E****** just want to earn more, so they give us only 6 miserable dollars an hour. Plus, I don't like pushy people. I already told the lady (very nicely) that it's too early for me, and the pay doesn't justify the "sacrifices" that I have to make. I have long days because I have classes at night. I don't want to have to compromise my studies. I'm so close to graduation. And I'm still aiming for a Second Upper. *prays* If they'd offered me like $7/hr or monthly pay about $1300, I really would have taken it. The pay just doesn't justify for me to wake up so early. So you can't really blame me! Nah-uh, no no. You know I'm just trying to make myself feel better for turning down someone. I hate having to reject people. Gah. Because it just makes me feel like one big meanie. Have class today, this module is actually quite interesting. Looking forward to the project. Or maybe not? Ha ha ha ha ha. Just need to crack our brains for a business idea. I have become one of those people.. Those people who work for money.. Damn.

No comments: