Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Retail Therapy and old-skool cinema

Going out to meet Mich for movie "Bewitched"! I look washed out. I think the flash is too intense. Hrmm. Check out the old-skool movie tickets! OMG! Only $5. At Princess cinema at Bedok (just opposite the interchange, the short building where the Mac is). Check out this old-skool lollipop!! It's been donkey years since I ate one of these. Found this at a traditional provision shop just opposite the cinema. You can whistle with it! Wahahaha. So very amusing. I felt like a "sua-ku" yesterday as I marvelled at all the old-skool stuff. The cinema was practically empty. Only a handful of secondary school girls, a couple and a family. Plus me and Mich. Which makes 12 of us. Wow. In a HUGE cinema. Those school girls are really.. giggly. They squealed at every scene, like it was the funniest show they've ever watched. And there was a scene where Will Ferrell came out naked, they screamed! Oh-my-god. I don't recall myself being like that when I was in secondary school. Well, it was an alright show. With some funny parts, like the dining room scene. Yeah, that's about it. Hahahaha. Oops. So thank goodness I only paid $5 for the tickets. Whee. No more GV for me! Wahahahahahaha! And then some random pictures. Of the stuff I got from Bugis Street. M)phosis top. I finally bought it. Last piece. Darn. Always the case. Gorgeous aquamarine earrings. Can you believe they were going at 3 for $10? Pretty and dainty necklace. Wheee! Cheap too. $6. Love this necklace. As seen in the picture with the M)phosis top. $10. Of course, the prices you see (except for the M)phosis top la) are after discounts! Must bargain! And it's easier to bargain with young salesgirls. If the store is manned by an auntie ah, wah, sure cannot win her. Yay. Retail therapy is good. =)

No comments: