Thursday, December 15, 2005

Accepting it I can accept that she's back. No, actually, technically, she's not back per se. But rather, back in contact with us. I can accept it. In fact, wasn't I the one who wanted to go and find her? But yet, what I can't accept is all the years she had let me down. She left me out on so much of her life. Her wedding, her pregnancy, her kids' baby-hood, and those other things that we're supposed to go through together. I know life is too short to keep thinking about the bad things (the opposite is true for some people I know, who love to dwelve on negative stuff) but remembering the bad things makes us learn from our mistakes. And sometimes, an event as big a magnitude as this, can change a person's character and path. Maybe I should thank her, because these incidents have made me realise the world is not as good as I thought it was. I learnt how to doubt everyone's intentions and in doing so, I guard myself against people who might be out to cheat me. I learnt how to build walls around myself, and in doing, I guard my heart and my feelings from getting really hurt. I learnt how to recover fast, and in doing so, I fall but I bounce back up again. I learnt to live alone. I learnt to handle things on my own. I learnt how to live without having that person in your life whom you can tell secrets to. I learnt to make new friends and trust my life with them. And that brings me to another point. I hate it when my attempts to savemend (better use mend, lest they say I'm being chivalrous again) a friendship get thwarted. Here I am, trying my darndest to make people understand my point of view and there you get people like him who add oil to fire, completely wasting my efforts. How nice. But whatever. *mutters XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX..* (censored to protect my interests) What an emotional rollercoaster ride this week has been. Starting from Sunday all the way to now. I foresee it will continue through the week. Get used to it, sel. It's people like them who make your life more interesting. Like real.

No comments: