Sunday, October 24, 2004

Retribution la

Alright. I haven't been updating. Nothing much. Just haven't been updating. Heh. Ok. My bad. I know how it feels to keep coming back to this page but seeing the same entry. Must have been boring huh. So! Dad was in China last week. Meaning, I was taking over as chauffeur for the coming 4 days. Bah. And waking up early is so not easy. Dozing off during work. Hah. You know, I think I got my retribution. This is what happened. Kelly Services called me to tell me I am offered a data entry position at some bank at Raffles Place. Pay was $6 an hour, 8:30am to 6:00pm, 5-day week. So that day, Thursday, I went to Kelly Services to sign some confidentiality form thing and to discuss my job scope. Then when I returned to the office, I saw an email notification from Friendster, telling me that I had a message from Clare, my PSB classmate. She told me that she had a receptionist position at a petroleum trading company place and asked me whether I was interested. $8 an hour, 9am to 6pm, 5-day week at Orchard. I felt like banging against the blody wall! Of course, being the practical-minded person I was (which is why I am in Business), I gladly accepted Clare's offer. Then I was stuck. How do I tell Kelly Services? Surely they would think I'm an irresponsible freak. Accepting their offer but at the same time accepting another offer. Although the pay was higher, it was really very unethical. Nevertheless, I needed the higher pay. So I called the nice lady and told her apologetically that I couldn't take up the data entry job. I also told her, stupidly, the truth, that I was offered a higher pay at the receptionist job and the conditions were obviously better. I can't tell a bloody lie to save my life. She was, of course, blody pissed. And I could tell. Her replies were curt. I even sent her an apology email. Bah. Which she, of course, didn't reply. Heh. But still, I was damn happy because $8 an hour! Wheeee! And it was nearer to school too! Alas, the joy did not last. The next day, I received an SMS from Clare. It said: "I hope you have not rejected the other offer. The lady just cancelled her leave. So they would not be hiring." Ok. -_-!!! I was like, WHAT THE HELL!!!!! Alright. I guess this is what you call retribution. It's what you get when you're irresponsible. Bah. So I suppose Kelly Services will never, ever, EVER contact me for another job anymore. I'm probably on their "IGNORE" list. Gah. Sigh. So I am now "retrenched", even before I started work. But then, that happens to me ALL THE TIME! I don't know why! I promise I will accept a job offer that pays $6 an hour, 8:30am to 6pm, 5-day week, the NEXT time I am offered one. I swear. Really. And I am still very sorry about being so irresponsible. But then. There were happy things! Like the "Made in Singapore" concert on Friday. Met up with Rach C, Mira and Rach L. Tickets courtesy of Rach L. My first performance at the Esplanade. Wahahahaha! And I promise I'll be back for Mamma Mia. Really. First! Thanks Rach darling, for the wonderful tickets. Circle 2 ok. Don't play play. Can see quite clearly hor. I managed to get the car! Whee! Dad allowed me to drive the car to the concert! Hee hee. So, I met up with Rach C and Mira at Tanah Merah. Surprise, surprise, I managed to get to Esplanade without losing my way! Wahaha! And thank god we decided to park at the Marina Square carpark instead of the Esplanade one. It was full. Hah. The concert was great fun!!! Adrian Pang was witty and hilarious!!! Very good emcee. Very talented. Kumar. Well, he was very, Kumar. Racist, but it made sense. Sarcastic, but hilarious. He made fun of himself and he could laugh at himself. That's a very big thing to do. Lin Jun Jie aka JJ was GREAT! Wheee!! Although I think he didn't sing live. I mean, how many pop acts sing Live nowadays? Right? Well, I could be wrong. He was great nonetheless. Really. When he played the piano and sang, I just melted!! Gawdddd. His voice! I totally dig a guy with a great voice and musically inclined! Gah. Robert Fernando was great too! He and Rahima Rahim. They sang a duet. "Unforgettable". Truly. It was a great concert. I realised these guys are REALLY talented. Their voice, so powerful! And then there was "loose kneecaps and elbows". Wahahaha. Rach L had a good laugh over that. Hahahaha. And Mira's, "Where's Tania?" LOL. Ok, you guys probably wouldn't know what I am talking about. Ah wells. That's enough update for the week. It's going to be a busy week! Ah-Zhong kor kor's wedding this Friday! Pretty bride! Wowee. Positively radiant. I guess it's true, women are the most beautiful when they are getting married. Sigh. I'll have to wait for my turn. :) Meanwhile, I'll just be eating at wedding dinners! Hahaha. And the "Thank You" dinner @ TKSS this Thursday. Oooh, the principal is thanking us for performing at the Speech Day in July. Hahaha. Took her abit long to call back this dinner. Well, better late than never. Looking forward to see all the gang. They'd better turn up. Or else.. So. Any job offers? I promise I'll take it. Hahaha.

No comments: