Sunday, October 02, 2005

Take the bus

Haven't been blogging much eh. Because I've been busy working! Muahahahahaha. And thank you for your kind words, it's people like you all who keep me up and going. Love you all! Am recovering too, I take it that developing thick yellowish-green phlegm means I'm on my way to recovery. I mean, anything is better than a dry cough eh? I nearly died coughing on the bus the other day. God, it was so bad and I couldn't cough out loudly lest the other passengers thought I had SARS or TB or something. So I tried to hold it back, like muffle it with my hand, but it got worse and worse and I started tearing. Really felt like I was about to die la. Sadness. I hope it doesn't happen again man. Quite scary. Oh yes, I've been working. Last week I was at Raffles City Convention Centre, working for the International Skeletal Society. Erm, don't ask me what's the Society about. Skeletons and bones, the works, you know, I suppose. *shrugs* Then the next was for the Oracle group or something. They were in Singapore for a holiday as a treat to their top sales people (and their family), so they had a stay in Rasa Sentosa (damn shiok) plus dinners and city tours. And guess what I had to do. Follow the shuttle bus (the company provided shuttle services from Sentosa to Orchard / Little India / Suntec /Chinatown) to and fro Sentosa and the destinations! The best part is, NOBODY takes the shuttle bus! Muahahahahaha. Because they schedule it at such weird timings loh. Where got people 3pm then leave Sentosa to go shopping one? Ok, even if have, where got people come back at 5pm or 6pm to Sentosa one!? You know how long it takes from Sentosa to Grand Hyatt at Orchard? 45 freaking minutes ok? Then shop for 1 hour then catch the last shuttle service back to Sentosa? Boh liao can? So all I had to do was take the shuttle bus from Sentosa to Grand Hyatt, then break for 1 hour (can eat and shop at Far East loh, damn shiok can!) before taking the bus back to Sentosa. And that's if there ARE people who're taking the bus back to Sentosa. If there aren't any passengers, I can leave from there. Unbelievably easy money. For $8 an hour, this is a pretty cushy job. No sweat man! *Grin* No need to face irritating people, stuck-up people, fussy people, or stand for 10 hours, or carry heavy stuff, or wake up at unearthly hours. Muahahahahahaha. Bad thing is, these kind of jobs don't come very often. Bleah. But better than nothing right!

No comments: