Friday, February 03, 2006

CNY 2006 Hellos people! How was your CNY? Collected a lot of ang paos? Ha ha ha, if you did, then good for you.. If you didn't, well, there's always next year. My CNY was.. pretty.. erm.. dunno the right word la. But it was quite sian / sad / quiet. The eve of CNY eve, I had my reunion dinner at my uncle's place. It has become some sort of a tradition already, since both our families are small and we stay so near each other. Steamboat as usual, with lots of abalone, clams, blah blah, the works you know. The soup is shiok man! Abalone soup. Yummy. And I got my first ang pao from my second uncle. Woohoo! =) Ang pao is good. Snapped a few photos of the boys, kids nowadays, they grow so fast! Just last year, this kid here was only a tiny baby. And I could still carry him. But look at him now! So "dua mao" already. Ha ha ha ha. Baby!! Posted by Picasa And his brother, Joshua. Super hyper active kid. Hahahaha. Can self entertain very well. Me and Joshua Posted by Picasa I left early to watch Memoirs of a Geisha! Woot. Finally got to catch it. It's great la. But I think I want to read the book, got more details eh. On CNY eve itself, my parents and I just had a simple dinner at home. Really simple. Ha. And my mum wanted to go to Chinatown to get the festive atmosphere! So we trooped down to Chinatown! Our house decorated with red lanterns and "firecrackers"! Posted by Picasa The red lanterns at my estate Posted by Picasa Can you believe it, it's my dad's first MRT ride. Eh, actually it's my first MRT ride with my dad. I think it's his second trip. Hahaha, he ain't exactly a big fan of public transport. Papa and mama Posted by Picasa Papa's first MRT ride. Dad looking a little blur. Posted by Picasa All his life he has been driving. If he can't drive, he'll take a cab. Good life arh. Finally reached Chinatown.. And was greeted by a SWARM of people. COWS! Where did all these people come from!! Papa and mama @ Chinatown, with the crowd! Posted by Picasa Chinatown Point Posted by Picasa Very crowded Posted by Picasa I mean, where'd they go the rest of the year?!?!?! Suddenly, it's CNY and they're all out! Wah laos. My dad's somewhere in the queue to buy bah kwa. Posted by Picasa My favourite Ah Pek ice cream! Woot. Posted by Picasa Their bah kwa is the best. I like. Posted by Picasa Stuck outside this shop for awhile.. Human jam. Bah. Posted by Picasa The same shop. Superly crowded. Posted by Picasa Me loves neon lights. Posted by Picasa And that's all folks. Ha ha ha ha, after that my parents went home and I went to Mr Tan's house to play mahjong. And lost. To his brother. Dang it. Feel so cheated. Haiz. Don't ever play with experts again. Luckily only lost $5. If not.. I will murder someone. Someone. So basically, that's the good part of CNY. Ironically, the good part came before CNY itself. Because after that, it's a spiral downwards. Let's recap. Chu yi, I was left home alone pretty much the whole day because my parents went to Malaysia and I couldn't go because my passport was less than 6 months from expiry. Great huh. Home alone on Chu Yi. But there was mahjong at night, so it was ok. I lost again anyway. Then Chu er, someone came to our house and we went to eat Bah Kut Teh and then went to her house after that. Supposed to meet the in-law, but she wasn't around. Weird. And because I woke up so damn early, I took a nap and when I woke up, my mum decided to tell me the news about my uncle (technically, this uncle is my aunt's husband, so yeah, uncle is a general term) that he passed away, even before CNY. Probably when I was watching Memoirs of a Geisha. Sigh. I got really upset and lost all mood for celebration. Then at night, we went to attend his funeral. Somehow, it was a closure for me, seeing my aunt taking it well and that he had sons and daughters-in-law and grandchildren and great grandchildren all sending him off on his final journey. But it was still quite heart-wrenching to have to deal with this, and especially so, during this very joyous occasion. Went to my 4th aunt's house the next day and finally, got a bit of a feel of CNY visiting because it was so "re nao" at her house. The sound of mahjong, tv, people talking just cheered me up a little. Yea, so that was CNY for me. Oh and I went shopping the other day, I saw a pair of boots. Very nice! And I'm still deciding, should I buy it or not. Should I? Or not? Everyone says I should. Well, I think only mama will TELL me not to buy it. Oh wells. I shall go try it on today and decide. After dinner last night, I went to buy my new handphone! Woot. Nokia 6111 in pink. Fantastic man! Love it. Except the key pad is not ergonomical (or however you spell it la) because my thumb hurts after using it. Other than that, it's just great. Hee. Kinda miss my 6230 though. Last photo before I bring it for trade-in. You served me well, my dear. But it's time I got a new phone.. Bye bye 6230, Hello 6111! Posted by Picasa

No comments: