Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A need to rant and shout

Exams are finally over. For this year at least. When school starts in August, I'll be a third year student! Whee! Fantastic isn't it? Time really passes in a blink of the eye. I can't remember how I survived through these 3 semesters. I seem to have gone through alot in the span of 10 months. But then, looking back, it seems to be nothing. Yet, during that period, I felt like I was never going to make it past the exams. But I did. Eventually. And we're talking about graduation already. My, my, time really flies. Seems like a while ago that I got my Diploma from TP. In another 10 months, I'll be getting my Degree from Loughborough University. I feel like an old hag. Gosh. But I really can't wait to graduate and start working. Earning my own keep. Not having to wake up to incessant screamings of Mrs Ho, nagging that I'm spending too much, staying out too late (for christ's sake, I just finished my year 2, can't a girl have some fun?), sleeping too late and whatever else she can think of. I love her, but I'm sorry. Sometimes it just gets on my nerves. I barely had 4 hours of sleep before getting screamed at for nothing. It's like, "WTF?", what did I do this time? Believe me when I say I really love her to bits, I'd die for her, but sometimes she just makes me feel like dying, right here, right now. So that I can get away from her screamings and shoutings. It really gets too much sometimes. I understand she has PMS/menopause, plus having a very retarded house-help doesn't seem to aid the situation, but really, does she need to scream and shout all the time? I am no thrashing bin. No dartboard. No wall. But then why do I feel like one? I do not need her to understand being a 20-year old. I just need her to give me space. Like lots of it, please? I can take care of myself. I really can. Stop treating me like a baby. Ok, maybe sometimes I like being treated like a baby. But I really do know how to take care of myself. I have eyes to see, ears to hear. I know what's good and what's bad. And on occasions that I'm wrong, I learn. I don't want to be sheltered from the world. I want to get out. See the world. Make mistakes. Learn from my mistakes. I need to grow up on my own. Don't want to be caged. Need to get out. Need to scream. Need to shout. Or maybe I just need to be alone.

No comments: